Sorry for the lack of blogging. I’ve been working 14+ hour days for nearly the last month or so. On the plus side I think I’ve got more material for my site, so that is good. Unfortunately, it’s not likely to stop for a while. But anyway, One issue I ran into which I had never seen before was to do with a Java Trusted Certificate in App-V. This happy looking fellow:
So first things first, if some of you haven’t modified the default File Exclusions list (Set in your Default.sprj) than you may not capture the certificate at all. Never fear however, when I did change my settings and sequenced again, it WAS captured in the sequence and didn’t make a difference, the certificate did not seem to work properly. I remember having a similar issue years ago with a certificate but my colleague did not document the fix. Thanks Niall!! 🙂
So My fix for this was to sequence the certificate into my virtual environment and then write a .vbs script which would check to see if there was any Java security folder and logically decide whether to copy the whole folder or file contents. The vbscript was copying the file/folder down to AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\security from the virtual environment (e.g. CSIDL_APPDATA\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\Security)
I can’t put the vbs up here because it would breach my companies policy but I hope this was at least helpful.
I’ll hopefully blog again soon. I have a lot of ideas and a lot of topics I’ve yet to explore!